Dain N. DeVeny
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
Dain N. DeVeny has been a resident of the Dayton area his entire life, growing up and graduating high school in Kettering. He went on to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree from Miami University and his Juris Doctor degree from the College of Law at the University of Cincinnati in 1974. His career has seen him serve as an assistant prosecuting attorney for Greene County, Ohio, a Law Director of the Greene County Legal Aid Society, and assistant attorney general for the State of Ohio.
Mr. DeVeny has been admitted to all of the Ohio courts and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the United States Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. He is a member of a variety of professional associations, including the Dayton Bar Association, the Stanley Z. Greenberg Family Law Forum, the Ohio State Bar Association, and the Dayton Bar Association Family Law Committee.
Since 1982, Mr. DeVeny has been in private practice in Dayton, Ohio. His over 35 years of practice has included family law and criminal defense with experience in dissolutions, visitation, contempt, misdemeanors, felonies, domestic violence and many other cases.
When not practicing law, Mr. DeVeny enjoys spending time with his wife at their Centerville, Ohio home and visiting with their two adult children.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 1974
- Miami University
- Ohio, 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Dayton Bar Association, Member
- Stanley Z. Greenberg Family Law Forum, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Dayton Bar Association, Family Law committee, Member
- Greene County, Ohio, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
- Greene County Legal Aid Society, Law Director
- State of Ohio, Assistant Attorney General